Where do we rank Paul Pierce?

Options

Comments

• Chase N Bundlez
    Chase N Bundlez Members Posts: 5,040 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    PP aint ? , never liked his game.. and when it comes to the ? in his generation he'll be the least talked about.

I cant rate ? once I dont like their game.. sorry.

All in all, he's had a nice career, I wont take that from him, top 50-75 all time..

but as far as primes go, Vince, T Mac, AI, Ray Allen, all better imo..

and Ray got ? out the Finals MVP that year, Pierce won it for the simple fact that he put in years as a Celtic... fact... he got that ? out of pity.

even tho Pierce led da team in scoring during da finals dat year? word? lol i heard heads say KG deserved it but neva Ray, sure he hit a shitload of 3's but Pierce was da leadin scorer in almost every game

GM 1... PP

GM 2... PP

GM 3... Ray... lol @ PP with 6 pts.. sad.

GM 4... Ray

GM 5... PP.. 38pts.. big game for him there.

GM 6... Ray

Ray was more consistent throughout the series.. was the only player u couldve penciled in for and effective, efficient performance night in and night out.. also had the 3pt Finals record.. plus he took on the task of guarding, KB (MVP), when KB still had it.. and did a fairly good job at it as well.

Ray got robbed.. deal with it.
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    dag Axel, dat ? CB has NOOOOOO sports knowledge and you let him spit facts about your own team and their only chip in the last 30 years?????? LOL u must be losing it

he wrong about the D on kobe tho. they played a box n 1 all series with KG, it was pretty much 90% double team and pierce guarded kobe in the 2nd half
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man its still burns me that Ray allen drove around sasha from the top of the key three point line .. i was burning and no help came either
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    ^^^only time i ever felt more disgusted watching a game was seeing vince young jogging into the endzone on 4th and 5 in 2005.

2 worst moments of my fan life
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^^only time i ever felt more disgusted watching a game was seeing vince young jogging into the endzone on 4th and 5 in 2005.

2 worst moments of my fan life

Thread idea!
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pierce deserved his finals MVP led da team in scoring in da series
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    lmaooo Pierce aint a top 100 player of all time

check da stats then review dis horrible statements
  • darknight
    darknight Members Posts: 185
    Options
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    darknight wrote: »
    The fact that so many of yall put Pierce over Russell means the mods should have sent this thread to hell a long time ago.
    Over what Russell?.. Not Bill?..
    yeah man, a couple of pages ago people named top 10 celtics and had pierce and not russell
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

bruh...Pierce is no better than Rudy ?
  • BlackAX410
    Options

not only was he betta then Rudy dis year career wise its not even close lmao Rudy has underachieved nd was neva aggressive as an early career Pierce
  • blackjack2012
    blackjack2012 Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

LOL...pierce way better than Rudy ? its not even close
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rudy ? is trash but he can be kinda clutch.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont get the hate for Pierce... numbers dont lie He been consistent his whole time in Boston even when he had to share the shine Antoine Walker's bad shot takin shimmyin ass.... I saw Pierce but tha team on his back vs Indiana and New Jersey in the early 2000s playoffs
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How can a ? not like Paul Pierce's game?
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pierce is cool has had a productive career but man that title really helped his career legacy wise. Outta Garnett and Allen he's career was really on the skids. The Celtics weren't even a playoff team before the Big Three formed . During his prime he was overshadowed by the Vince Carter, AI , Tracy McGrady, and Kobe as far as popularity.
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    How can a ? not like Paul Pierce's game?
    not athletic enough for da casual fans liking not fast doesnt have a great handle nd doesnt have crazy dunks to appeal nd draw a lot of people in
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    aneed123 wrote: »
    I dont get the hate for Pierce... numbers dont lie He been consistent his whole time in Boston even when he had to share the shine Antoine Walker's bad shot takin shimmyin ass.... I saw Pierce but tha team on his back vs Indiana and New Jersey in the early 2000s playoffs
    bruh dont remind me of da 30 foot 3 pointers wit 20 seconds left on da shot clock lol
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How will Durant become better than Peirce? Peirce isn't better than Melo to me. Durant is a shooter. Peirce bird LeBron Dr j Barry Baylor and melo are the elite sf's
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    How will Durant become better than Peirce? Peirce isn't better than Melo to me. Durant is a shooter. Peirce bird LeBron Dr j Barry Baylor and melo are the elite sf's

3 time scorin champ nd 2 deep playoff runs nd a gold medalist early in his career if he continues at dis pace he'll surpass Pierce. nd im takin Pierce>Melo Pierce was a betta all around player IMO
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    Durant is a shooter and that's it...I like what he does but he can't be equal to peirce ans melo. I can't really argue peirce over melo besides melo always destroys him. I love Durant he just isn't in that stratosphere.

Also did o read Vince Carter and Tmac greater than p squared somewhere on this thread?
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pierce on of them Reggie Miller type ? , a star but not a superstar.
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Durant is a shooter and that's it...I like what he does but he can't be equal to peirce ans melo. I can't really argue peirce over melo besides melo always destroys him. I love Durant he just isn't in that stratosphere.

Also did o read Vince Carter and Tmac greater than p squared somewhere on this thread?

people said in their primes they would take them 2 ahead of Pierce not overall career. I've talked to a few heads who hate Pierce dat claimed Vince had a better overall career even tho da numbers nd eye test proves otherwise. nd Melo destroys Pierce? wat da hell do u call wat Pierce does to Melo he stay droppin 30+ on da knicks
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    Melo has hit 40 on pierce at least 4 times g
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Pierce on of them Reggie Miller type ? , a star but not a superstar.

i see wat ur sayin but I take Pierce> Reggie Pierce has twice da all-star apperances is a betta rebounder, playmaker nd defender
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Melo has hit 40 on pierce at least 4 times g

not 4 only one i remember is dat 42,17 he's had 30 point games on Pierce but so has Pierce he doesnt dominate Pierce at all lol its pretty much even when they go head to head