Miami Police Shoot Caretaker of Autistic Man...Caught On Video

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You people can't tell the difference between a toy car and a gun during a stand off where the guy is sitting in the open!?!?
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A second cop got suspended for lying about what happened
  • Huey_C
    Huey_C Members Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    4 year SWAT vet at 50 yards away with an AR15 onna stationary platform on a nonmoving target... And planted 3 in the unintended target and then handcuffed him instead of apply a pressure bandage or tourniquet.

Yeaaaah thats a war crime for some of us.

ROE would have all these cops ? up.
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    These ? so dumb . Properly failed gym glass

That speech to text is a ? sometimes huh
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well. Suspended without pay is a good start. It's amazing how these authority figures of the community are held to a lower standard than the rest of the public
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't even call this trolling. These mfs outright don't give a ? . So let me get this straight......

........these guys are dangerous and a threat to police......

14234370-isolated-black-businessman-showing-his-cell-phone.jpg

44830905-Happy-smiling-young-black-man-listening-to-music-on-earbuds-holding-coffee-and-sandwich--Stock-Photo.jpg

Nerf-RotoFury-Blaster.jpg

.......while these guys are completely harmless....????

29BE568800000578-3129109-image-m-40_1434636503324.jpg

racist14n-1-web.jpg

john-paul-cupp-poses-with-rifle.jpg

Makes sense.

And smh @ handcuffing the person you were "trying to protect". Riiighhht.
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    huey wrote: »
    Well. Suspended without pay is a good start. It's amazing how these authority figures of the community are held to a lower standard than the rest of the public

The pig who shot Kinsey was suspended with pay.. Another pig who lied to investigators was the one suspended without pay...

• Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The pig who shot Kinsey was suspended with pay.. Another pig who lied to investigators was the one suspended without pay...

So to them, lying about the shooting is worse than the actual shooting.. gotcha
  • white sympathizer
    white sympathizer Members Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »
    This clearly doesn't reflect on the vast vast overwhelming majority of police officers in this country who are brave outstanding individuals. I mean 99.9999% are courageous heroes, part angels part gods put here by The Creator himself to serve the public faithfully in a self-less and thankless manner. I mean obviously this one individual cop right here slipped through the cracks but the rest? Infallible beings who could never do wrong. If they did it and it was wrong it was because it was right. Being a cop is the most dangerous task conceivable and it's a tough job. That's why it's remarkable that every single cop is able to do the job perfectly every moment of every second. They are truly a divine race.

This is exactly what im saying

One bad apple doesnt spoil the bunch, they just need some better training AND some support from the community theyre supposed to protect, how do you expect these guys to react when youve got these blm terrorists running around killing police all the time and trying to divide us instead of bringing us together?
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »

Bruh. WTF??? What the ? kinda of accent is that? Cajun? Caribbean? Stroke?
    MR.CJ wrote: »

...and WHO IS THIS?

Haitian accent
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited July 2016
    Options

That's what I'm saying. I'm going to EMT school right now and they put so much emphasis on getting consent before helping anybody and filling out patient forms. I touch somebody that didn't okay it, that's battery and my ass going to jail. I ? up and write the wrong blood pressure down, my ass getting suspended, possibly fired. I wouldn't even wana know what would happen if I killed somebody on the job, accident or not. Damn sure wouldn't be getting off and my union wouldn't come to my rescue like these cops.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol what type of name is Smith Joseph, must be Haitian
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    this is the exact issue everyone's been trying to highlight; black people, mainly black men, are being shot at when they are visably unarmed and are absolutely no threat & that police have extremely poor training and are scared to do their jobs properly, so they shoot first

w social media and camera phones, their years of excuses & racism have been exposed

200_s.gif
  • optimistic
    optimistic Members Posts: 659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/north-miami/article93720952.html
    Police shooting victim files lawsuit against North Miami officer

Two weeks after a controversial shooting, Charles Kinsey has filed a federal lawsuit against North Miami police Officer Jonathan Aledda.

In the lawsuit, Kinsey argues that Aledda and other officers wrongfully arrested him and used excessive force — saying that Aledda did not help stop the bleeding after the shooting, even after officers recognized there was no weapon at the scene. They are demanding a jury trial, unstated monetary damages and any other fees due to the physical, emotional and mental pain the incident caused.

“By failing to render aid, Officer Aledda allowed Mr. Kinsey to unnecessarily bleed out on the ground for a significant period of time, which further exasperated Mr. Kinsey’s recovery time for his injuries,” reads the complaint, which was filed by Kinsey’s Coral Gables attorney, Hilton Napoleon.

Kinsey’s lawsuit walks through the sequence of events that ended with Kinsey, a behavioral technician at the nearby group home, shot in the leg, handcuffed and bleeding in the middle of the street. It alleges that when North Miami officers arrived at Northeast 127th Street and 14th Avenue, they immediately grabbed assault rifles from their cars and approached in a “military-style formation.”

The lawsuit describes events captured in a cellphone video provided to Napoleon by an unnamed witness, which thrust the story into the national spotlight. Kinsey said he was ordered to the ground and complied with all of the officers’ instructions and said he tried to explain the situation and that his autistic patient, Arnaldo Eliud Rios, had a toy truck not a weapon.

“All officers, including Officer Aledda, were close enough in proximity to hear Mr. Kinsey’s statements, and one officer even announced over the police radio, ‘It’s a toy truck, he’s saying it’s a toy truck,’” the complaint reads.

That has also been supported through a 911 call, from that June 18 afternoon, in which a woman describes Kinsey and Rios, indicates that Rios might be mentally ill and later states that the object she saw might not be a gun. Miami-Dade Police Benevolent Association president John Rivera stated at a press conference that Aledda was aiming at Rios, not Kinsey, because the 911 call indicated that he had a weapon.

The police union and Aledda’s attorney did not respond to calls for comment.

Rios has remained in the psychiatric ward of Aventura Hospital and was traumatized by the event according to his mother, Gladys Soto.

Rios and Kinsey reunited at the hospital last week and embraced each other for the first time since the shooting. Aledda was placed on paid administrative leave, which is standard procedure in any shooting.

• Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meh, the money don't come out of the cops pocket. It's the city's and insurance companies that pay the lawsuits.