playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • shit happens
    shit happens Members Posts: 10,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    ? happens wrote: »
    Fake carin about some ? ?

Yall wasn't hoopin and hollin when will smith wore make-up to darken his skin in concussion

FOH

Nina Simones next of kin Nosigns Zoe, so who are we not to?[/quote]

You got quotes I got quotes

9thSide wrote: »
    Question for @Trillfate

How u posting so calmly for years after u got caught and exposed for stealing another males pics and pretending to be him then your real pic got exposed

U act like that never happened

200w.gif
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DWO wrote: »

Nina Simones next of kin Nosigns Zoe, so who are we not to?

your own person... wtf..think for yourself bruh....

U know what i mean bruh... we all could be excited for Zoe yet Nina Simones own family aint.. Doesn't that mean anything? Imagine if Layla Ali told Will Smith "keep Ali's name out your mouth" on Twitter
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so how cuba doing as oj?
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options

Yall wasn't hoopin and hollin when will smith wore make-up to darken his skin in concussion

FOH

Will's character didn't make a career off his skin tone.

And people did say he was miscast for that accent and coulda got somebody african. Next.

Marvelous well aren't you just the cats meow gabi.

giphy.gif

tumblr_nxarw4mlFp1skoy2ao1_500.gif

• Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so how cuba doing as oj?
    Killin it.

he don't look ? like that ? ...
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

FOH

Will's character didn't make a career off his skin tone.

And people did say he was miscast for that accent and coulda got somebody african. Next.

C.S they should of got Idris for that role....
    If they had an extra year, they should of got John Boyega
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

FOH

Nina Simones next of kin Nosigns Zoe, so who are we not to?[/quote]

They sound young and 'petty'. And Nina Simone aint world renown like a Ray Charles, Ali, etc. If not for Lauren Hill Ready or Not verse lot of folk wouldnt know who she is

Not saying thats right, but its de trut. They bringing light to her legacy and puttin money in the estate's pocket
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options

They sound young and 'petty'.

Honestly Nina Simone, unfortunately, is not as world renown as a Ray Charles or Ali

Her story isnt as entertaining as NWA or ? agenda friendly as Harvey Milk

She lucky to get this spotlight on her very important impact

Idk why but estates never like biopics. But it helps them the most.

How many people worldwide would know about Selena or Richie Valens if not for those movies? The families probably hated them at the time for dumb ? like 'Nah , we,dont stand behind this! I didnt say that when we argued over the parking spot, i said THIS.'

Like shut up, imagine the money and recognition biopics do for a generation.
  • Anti_matter
    Anti_matter Members Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    msn.com/en-us/movies/news/nina-simones-daughter-its-unfortunate-zoe-saldana-is-being-attacked-so-viciously/ar-BBqlvGx?li=BBnb7Kz

Nina Simone's family is "not upset with Zoe" Saldana for her role as Simone in the upcoming biopic Nina, Simone's daughter revealed in a recent interview.

Lisa Simone Kelly, the singer's only child, talked to Time about the recent tweet slamming Saldana that was sent out from the verified Twitter account representing her mother's estate. Kelly said she was unaware of the tweet. Simone's family said they hired a family friend to manage the official website and Facebook page years ago but when Time contacted the friend, Aaron Overfield, he did not return requests for comment.
    Studio behind Nina Simone film defends Zoe Saldana© Reuters Studio behind Nina Simone film defends Zoe Saldana

"It's unfortunate that Zoe Saldana is being attacked so viciously when she is someone who is part of a larger picture," said Kelly. "It's clear she brought her best to this project, but unfortunately she's being attacked when she's not responsible for any of the writing or the lies."

Simone's family has been clear about their disapproval with the controversial Nina biopic, which they say falsely depicts the relationship between Simone and her manager Clifton Henderson, played by David Oyelowo.

"The movie is about a relationship between my mother and Clifton which never took place. They never had an amorous relationship," Simone's daughter said, adding that Henderson is ? . "The project has been tainted from the very beginning. Clearly, it is not the truth about my mother's life and everyone now knows that. This is not how you want your loved ones remembered."

Kelly said after watching the trailer for the film, which premieres on April 22, she "really didn't feel much of anything except for poor Zoe."

Saldana has been criticized for having paler skin than Simone - the actress wore a prosthetic nose and dark makeup for her role in the film. Kelly told Time her family is "not upset with Zoe" but they don't think she was the right choice appearance-wise.

"There are many superb actresses of color who could more adequately represent my mother and could bring her to the screen with the proper script, the proper team and a sense of wanting to bring the truth of my mother's journey to the masses," said Kelly. "And Nina, in my opinion, doesn't do any of that."
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    It dont even look as bad , as i thought...
    https://youtu.be/suZy4IRTTgI

what's up with the accent?

and is her face and neck two different colors?

that's how she talked....

plus people have to realize she's playing a 60 year old woman.........

Why didn't they cast someone older... I'm sure whoopi could use the work
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options
    India Arie should be Nina Simone

can she act tho?

she can sing and play the piano.. though

now can Zoe doe that?

I'm not a big fan of actors that can't sing, play, or dance at all portraying artists who were masters of it. That ? is wack. That's why I never wanna see a Hendrix biopic until its Lenny Kravitz in the lead role, ? having CGI hands on a guitar. At the very least, you need to able to hold it down, i.e Chadwick Bozeman killed it in the few scenes where he actually sang as James Brown. Val Kilmer playing Jim Morrison was the stuff of legends - Morrison's own bandmates said they couldn't tell the difference between Kilmer singing and Morrison. "Jamie Foxx was so good in “Ray” that they went to the hospital and unplugged the real Ray Charles. It’s like, 'We don’t need two of these!'"

ETC.

So yeah.

"Singer-actress Mary J. Blige was initially signed-on to play the singer in 2010, but backed out due to scheduling conflicts."

Word? Yeah, ya'll ? that up. Whoever in charge of casting ? that up. Executive Producer ? that up. Mary J wouldn't need blackface, she's done activism, she's unquestionably pro-black, and she's a ? musician.

She don't look like Nina Simone either, but Michael Fassbender didn't look like Steve Jobs and Frank Langella didn't look like Richard Nixon.....what's important is that you can properly portray the spirit, talent, and swag of the subject in question.
  • lethal5
    lethal5 Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nobody said jack that angela bassett looked nothing like betty shabazz
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    lethal5 wrote: »
    Nobody said jack that angela bassett looked nothing like betty shabazz

The movie wasn't about her. Yall gon keep willfully missing the point tho
  • whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Not sure what the crying about. Nina simone ws a lover of white men so i think that makes saldana an excellent fit right there. Nina simone being dark as hell meant nithing. She would have killed to look like zoe or whiter
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I see the ether has been posted already, so....never mind.

I haven't said anything about this because honestly....who gives a ? ? As long as she plays her role straight, there really shouldn't be anything TO say.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Another reason why I am adamantly anti-biopics. The never ending complaint about who plays who and what's true and what's not true. Biopics are doomed soon as casting is done, then the estate gets the script and they object to 90% of the ? in it and go on tirades about it.

#NoBiopics
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not sure what the crying about. Nina simone ws a lover of white men so i think that makes saldana an excellent fit right there. Nina simone being dark as hell meant nithing. She would have killed to look like zoe or whiter

ignorance.
  • jaymafia
    jaymafia Members Posts: 40 ✭✭
    Options

FOH

You got quotes I got quotes

9thSide wrote: »
    Question for @Trillfate

How u posting so calmly for years after u got caught and exposed for stealing another males pics and pretending to be him then your real pic got exposed

U act like that never happened

200w.gif
    [/quote]

Please answer this @Trillfate
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who is this ? faced ? ? your face resembles ?

Ya avatar look like a ? ass Dwayne Johnson... tell me im lyin u duckfacing ? ?
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah, its face does not resemble ? .
    Yall can insult each other but please leave Gods gift, one of the most beautiful parts(if not the most) of the female anatomy out of this.
    signed- the ? defender
    tumblr_nx9bulmecV1qk30cio1_500.gif
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    [img]https://scontent-ord1-1.? .fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfl1/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/12795533_1573092356314382_536394786746214674_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=11ebfda910487fd03afeadd44b89ecba&oe=5792B933[/img]
  • whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

ignorance.

how so, from what ive read about her that what it was. She had that sixsickskins whitey rejected me now I hate them all mentality. neither one of us of knew her but that's just my opinion. Her daughter just did a documentary claiming the ? was abusive and crazy.
  • MD_PROPER
    MD_PROPER Members Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options

ignorance.

how so, from what ive read about her that what it was. She had that sixsickskins whitey rejected me now I hate them all mentality. neither one of us of knew her but that's just my opinion. Her daughter just did a documentary claiming the ? was abusive and crazy.

You using part of her story to paint a whole picture...she was diagnosed as bipolar in her later years..she was also an activist that sacraficed her career to say something real and stand for something unlike a lot of artist today...she had demons and complexities like everybody else